JAE Appeal 2020
Appeal for admission to Catholic Junior College will be based on merit. All applicants have to meet the college's cut-off points before they submit their appeals through the college online appeal portal. Eligible appeals will be given consideration, subject to available vacancies and college’s admission criteria.
2020 Appeal Procedure
- General Appeal - Students who wish to appeal through academic results.
- CCA Appeal - Students who wish to appeal through CCA must have represented school and achieved minimum top 4 in Zonal/National, SYF participation (accomplishment and distinction) or any other equivalent competitions (with equivalent results) for the CCA in 2019. Please refer to Table 2 for the list of CCAs.
The timeframe for the appeal process is given in Table 1.
Table 1: Timeframe for Appeal Process
Type of Appeal
Submission of Documents
The application process is as follows:
Complete the online application form via the Online Registration portal HERE. The portal is ONLINE from 04 Feb 2020 (Tuesday) 8.00am to 10 Feb 2020 (Monday) 12pm.
Print a copy of the Online Registration Appeal Form after your online submission.
Submit the printed Online Registration Appeal Form and a photocopy of all supporting documents personally to the college within the time frame indicated in Table 1.
The supporting documents include:
1) Form A (which was issued to you together with your results slip)
2) Posting slip
3) ‘O’ Level, Sec 3, Sec 4 exam results
4) JAE Verification slip (showing 1st, 2nd, 3rd JC choices)
5) Co-Curriculum certificates
6) Optional: Testimonials and referral letters
Late or incomplete submission will not be considered.
- Shortlisted students will be invited for interview.
- Final decision will be made by the Interview Panel after the interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified by phone or SMS by 10 Feb 2020, 1400hrs.
Additional Information for CCA Appeal
- Only shortlisted students will be called for trials/auditions.
- Students are reminded to be punctual for trials/auditions and are required to be in their Secondary School sports attire or school uniform.
- Being granted a trial/audition does not mean that the CCA appeal has been successful.
Table 2: Relevant CCAs
● Ten-pin Bowling
● Track & Field / Cross Country
● Drama (English)
● Guitar Ensemble
● Symphonic band
● Oratorical Society (Debates & Public Speaking)