Subject Combinations 2020
- The GCE A-Level curriculum requires students to undertake the following subjects:
- 3 H2 and 1 H1 content-based subjects (at least one of which must be from a contrasting discipline),
- H1 Mother Tongue Language (MTL),
- H1 General Paper (GP) or H2 Knowledge and Inquiry (KI),
- H1 Project Work (PW).
- Students who have obtained 10 points or better for their L1R5 raw aggregate, AND 8 points or better in their 4 relevant ’O’ Level subjects are eligible to take 4 H2 content-based subjects, of which at least one must be from a contrasting discipline.
- Students who achieve a grade of D7 or better in ‘O’ Level Higher MTL is exempted from taking H1 MTL. Students who offer Mother Tongue B Syllabus (MTB) at O-Level will continue with MTB at GCE A-Level.
- Students who obtain a grade of D7 or better in 'O' Level Higher MTL are NOT allowed to replace H1 MTL with another content subject.
- Students who wish to take H2 KI must take a selection test. KI can only be taken as the 4th H2 subject.
CONTENT-BASED SUBJECTS OFFERED
- The following Table A shows the content-based subjects offered in 2020:
- The College reserves the right not to offer a particular subject combination if the number of applicants for the subject combination is less than 10.
- The following Table B shows the 3 H2 and 1 H1 subject combinations offered in 2020:
- The following Table C shows the 4 H2 subject combinations offered in 2020:
Note: Italicized subject is a contrasting subject within the subject combination.
- The following Table D shows the prerequisites of various subjects:
- Students who have taken ‘O’ Level Combined Science, without any other Pure Sciences, are eligible for only ONE H2 Science Subject. Eligible students may opt to take the 2nd science subject at H1 if they have grades of A2 or better in all the 3 subjects: Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and Combined Science at ‘O’ Level.
- The following Table E summarizes the requirements for the various science combinations: