CJC - a place of excellence in learning and living.
- Excellence - Striving for high standards in educating young people.
- Learning - Enabling students to realise their potential academically, physically and spiritually.
- Living - Forming a person who is well-integrated into society.
Building a Generation In Truth & Love: Every CJCian to be a Thinker with a Mission, Leader with a Heart.
We cultivate in each young person the skills and attitude to embrace challenges wisely and courageously. We foster a community that cares for the dignity of the young people, nurturing them to be men and women of compassion. We broaden their vision so that they become leaders committed to serving in faith and with integrity.
- Imparting the knowledge necessary for young people to face the future confidently.
- Respecting and affirming the value of human life.
- Forming the conscience of our students in accordance with the principles of a Christian school in the Catholic tradition.
- Enlarging their perspective so that they contribute meaningfully and responsibly to society with conviction.
Every CJCian to be a Thinker with a Mission, a Leader with a Heart
Truth and Love
This means our concern for man inspires us to search for the truth. Putting it in another way, we pursue knowledge for the service of others.
- Intellectual dimension- Pursuing the Truth in deepening understanding in the different disciplines of knowledge.
- Moral dimension- Deepening our understanding of Divine Truth and living lives that are governed by moral guidelines for the common good for all creation.
- Communal - Exercising love that is accountable, that cares, nurtures and sacrifices; a love for the common good of all.
- Individual- Exercising the choice to be disciplined in body, mind and spirit as an expression of love of oneself.
To describe the desired student outcomes in simple and easily remembered terms for the community, the phrase Thinker with a Mission, Leader with a Heart was coined. This phrase is strongly supported and endorsed by the Board and the alumni.
Thinker with a Mission, Leader with a Heart
All CJCians are leaders: that all CJCians are capable of exercising self-leadership in their daily actions and choices as individuals with or without official leadership appointments. Here, our students are given opportunities to apply leadership skills at the team, organisational and global levels to serve the greater good and to become a Thinker with a Mission, a Leader with a Heart.
Thinker with a Mission
- This thinker pursues knowledge with a sense of purpose and searches for Truth in the disciplines of study.
- This individual demonstrates and upholds the intellectual traits and values of Humility, Courage, Empathy, Integrity, Perseverance, Faith in Reason and Fair-mindedness.
- This self-directed student always questions assumptions, makes thinking visible, displays conceptual understanding, generates new ideas and makes reflective thinking second nature.
- This student thinker strives for accuracy, relevance, depth, breadth, logic and fairness when interacting and doing assigned tasks in the classroom, as well as when the student participates in the college’s SD, Leadership and Co-curricular Programmes.
Leader with a Heart
- This is a servant leader who discerns, appreciates and empathises fully with the issues of the different members and sectors of society.
- This servant leader demonstrates the seven attributes of Integrity, Discernment, Resilience, Purpose, Nurturing, Initiative and Humility.
- This individual internalises the learning and understanding into a powerful motivation and drive to lead, advocate and serve the cause of the needy and the disadvantaged.
- The college believes that all CJCians are leaders. Regardless of whether they have an official appointment or not, they are capable of exercising self-leadership in their daily actions. They will also be given opportunities to apply leadership skills at the team, organisational and global levels to serve the greater good.
Thus, the Thinker with a Mission, Leader with a Heart is a servant leader who, as a critical-thinker, pursues knowledge with a sense of purpose, searches for Truth in the disciplines of study, discerns, appreciates and empathises fully with the needs and concerns of the different members and sectors of society.