The CJC Ignite Programme is for the boldly curious, the analytical thinker, and the aspiring change-maker. If you are ready to raise the bar, the value questions as much as answers, and seek to create change in your community, you belong in our Ignite Programme.
As a critical thinker and future-oriented leader, you will be given the opportunities to ask difficult questions, analyse complex problems, and wrestle with abstraction. This talent development programme prepares you truly to be a Thinker with a Mission, Leader with a Heart.
Students examining a water issue in a rural village, using lenses of social science and physics.
Students in the Ignite Programme can look forward to the following:
- Engaged interaction in seminars, encouraging more engaged exploration, reflection and expression of ideas.
- Authentic service-learning with a target community and/or advocacy programme
- Integration of subject disciplines, through concept-based and inquiry-led approaches
- Greater opportunities to develop life skills, communication and leadership skills, and intellectual traits
- The signature Ignite Conference, focusing on themes of sustainable development, featuring industry experts and experience-based learning
Students interacting with industry leaders over dinner
An Ignite student presenting her research on resolving water challenges to academics and other students
A briefing will be held in the week of Orientation and interested students will be invited to sit for a selection test and may be asked to a group interview. We are especially keen to have candidates who demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a willingness to collaborate with others to learn and grow. Applications have now closed for 2021.